May 07, 2011

Katy Perry - Purr

Now before you think 'oh just another celebrity perfume' stop! I went into Myer (big department store here in Australia)with the intention of smelling my all time favourite perfume Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy (which is on my current perfume wish list atm) and there were all these chicks dressed up in purple catsuits with cat ear headbands *huh??*. They were promoting the new Katy Perry perfume called 'Purr'.

I was just going to walk by and ignore them like I usually do with most perfume promoters but I'm so happy I didn't. A spritz on a paper sample, a spritz on my wrists and a mini sample later I was hooked. I went home and seriously I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists the whole way back. 

Obviously couple days later I ended up buying it. LOVE IT!!

So what does it smell like?

"combining top notes of peach, forbidden apple, gardenia and green bamboo
with the heart of jasmine, pink freesia and Bulgarian rose and the
base of vanilla orchid, creamy sandalwood, white amber, coconut and musk."

First off I love anything vanilla and coconut smelling - they are my fav. I love fruity smells in perfumes so that's probably why I was so attracted to it. And omg it lasts for hours before wearing off. Even after it starts wearing off a bit, the last lingering notes are still amazing. I even sprayed some in my hair at the beginning of the day and after tying it up over night and letting it down the next morning I still got a whiff of it. 

Perfect for day and night in my opinion. The fruity smells make it appealing for day and then the vanilla and coconut make it sexy enough for night. The staying power is also a definite plus for night time wear. It is quite a sexy smell actually.

IF I had to compare it to another perfume I'd only slightly compare it to Juicy's Viva La Juicy. But only after a couple hrs wear cause in my opinion Purr starts off much stronger and "deeper" and smells different. After it dies down a bit, once vanilla starts shining through more, then VLJ is close. 
Go out and smell this one for yourselves. Definite staple with me now!
Retails for (AUD)$69 at priceline and Myer for the 50ml bottle and $89 at Myer for 100ml 

6 comments:

  1. this is the second rave review i've heard about this perfume!! i def would have walked by it, but now i'm really interested in how this smells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am off to try this tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me know what you guys think once u get a chance to smell it

    ReplyDelete
  4. After your review I'm seriously checking it out. I honestly thought that it's just as you said: "another celebrity perfume". X

    http://mademoiselle-la-la.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brought juicy one yesterday, wore it today and just felt happy and smiley

    ReplyDelete
  6. that ones so good isn't it?! definitely my next perfume purchase

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...