April 25, 2011

Green Tea

I dunno if I'm imagining it (since my boyfriend said he didn't see a difference) but I swear I think my skin has gotten so much better in the last couple days. Not better in terms of less breakouts or clearer skin - well yes clearer skin in a way - but more "young" looking. It's hard to explain, but do you ever look at your face and think 'man my skin looks so.... old and blah' well the last few days I've been looking at my face and thinking the exact opposite. It's really strange. Let's hope I didn't jinx it now.
 
I tried thinking what might be the reason for this and literally the only thing I can think of is green tea. Now hear me out, I've been drinking green tea religiously every day for about a week now. At least one cup a day usually more. I remember watching a youtube vid from Belle Du Jour about how she takes care of her skin and she said she drinks green tea religiously and that it helps so much. So I've been trying the same and yuuuuuuuuup I agree. (Please let it stay that way :P) 

I looked up what else green tea is good for:
  • eliminating free radicals within the body
  • absorbs and blocks cholesterol
  • helps prevent heart related conditions within the body
  • works to normalise blood pressure levels
  • helps to fight bacteria and viruses
  • improves the condition of the intestines by blocking bad bacteria and increasing levels of good bacteria
  • helps to detoxify the body
  • helps to stabilise diabetes
  • can assist in weight loss
  • slows the ageing process
  • helps to strengthen the immune system 
And the best part about all of this. It actually tastes good. 
win - win :)  

2 comments:

  1. I tried my first cup yesterday and didn't find it too bad.
    After reading this post, I am definitely converting for good! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...